in the Great American West!
"Come for a visit ... not just a view!
Guided tours with fun and flair! If that's your goal, Congratulations! Because that is exactly our goal, too.
Let us be the first to wish you a warm Western Welcome!
My name is Gaye and I'm the owner of A Guide Out West.
After many years as a professional meeting planner, I decided to become a Certified Tour Guide. Hopping on motorcoaches and hosting private tours sure is a lot more fun! No more sitting in stuffy conference rooms for me.
I hail from pioneer families who came out West to get rich ... and they did! Sad to say, their fortunes are gone, but they left me a priceless legacy of western heritage to share.
Their story is all about boom and bust, silver, gold, and helping to build a frontier civilization. Now, it's your chance to learn the truth behind the tales of the outlaws, the famous and the infamous.
(Well, maybe we do admit to telling a few tall tales along the way)
The Wild West still sparks enthusiasm and makes history come alive. Come on out and see why!
If you want to experience my beautiful back yard, come along with me. Let me help you make special travel memories you will never forget.
If you want to get in on the fun!
If you want to see Denver, Colorado, and the Great American West through the eyes of a local who just happens to be a Professional Tour Guide, then ...
"Come for a visit - we're expecting you!"
Why The West?
Because you have already seen the movies and read the books
Because of our ancient canyons and majestic mountains
Because your custom guided tour is private, with personal service
Because Native Americans called us "The Land of the Long Look"
You'll experience a part of America you'll never forget
Why Do Denver?
Because we are the Gateway City to so many natural wonders
Because of old favorites; Larimer Square & the 16th Street Mall
Because of new favorites; too many to mention
Because a guided tour with our Certified Guides is so easy to arrange
Because Denver is changing before our very eyes
It's time to see what's new ... and there's a lot!
New public art
New architecture and museums
New parks and attractions
A whole new Cityscape!
Our Most Popular Tours
1. Denver City Tour
Experience the "Queen City of the Plains"
All the old and EVERYTHING NEW this year!
Short or long depending on your schedule
2. Denver Foothills Tour
Buffalo Bill's favorite haunts, famous Red Rocks Park
Coors beer and cowboys
Dazzling views, stunning photos
3. Gold Rush Tour
Silver and gold mines, miners and pioneers
Thriving, historic mining towns
Eat a buffalo (or just pet one)
Find a little gold yourself!
4. Rocky Mountain National Park Tour
John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High!"
Alpine meadows and roving wildlife
Picturesque Estes Park
Heart-tugging, incomparable vistas
5. Pikes Peak Tour
Up to the very top of "America's Mountain"
Olympic dreams, the Air Force Academy
Legendary Garden of the Gods
Captivating Colorado Springs
6. High Country Tour
The breathtaking Continental Divide
Famous ski towns - Breckenridge, Aspen and Vail
All seasons, all spectacular!
Our Tour Guides don't "hush" you on guided tours
We love a little noise and sharing and laughter! We also like to toss out souvenirs and door prizes on our guided tours when you least expect it. Look to the right to see a sample of the fun we'll have together. Have these questions and many more answered, explained and added to your stash of trip trivia.
Trust A Guide Out West to show you the way,
wherever you want to go ...
We'll make it happen!
- Group Tours
- Group travel is easy, educational, and unique. Plus, group tours are just plain fun!
- private guided tours
- Private guided tours are all yours! Where do you want to go and what do you want to see?
- Step-On Guides
- Step-On Guides are your ticket to an exceptional tour of Denver, whether you are first-time visitors or traveling through Colorado and don’t want to miss all we have to offer!
- tours, kudos and testimonials
- At the end of our tours, it's hard to say good-bye! But the kudos that come our way and the memories we have helped create, just get us excited about the next time. When do we depart?
- high altitude
- High Altitude is not really a problem if you follow a few simple suggestions!
- BOOK A TOUR!
- Do you want to book a tour - even at the last minute? We will try our best to make those special Colorado memories happen for you.
- Fares and prices for half-day and full-day private tours
- Send your payment today! It's easy to save your seat on A Guide Out West tour!
- Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions consist of just a few simple rules for our Passengers and will get you on your way!
- contact us
- contact us
- Denver Tours
- Denver tours offer a dizzying array of choices! Let one of our professional guides show you the best of Denver - and exactly what you choose to see. Individuals, Small/Large groups or a w
This Week's Tour Update:
Howdy! Welcome to Colorado
and thanks for visiting our website!
Our tours are customized,
and perfect for individuals
or small groups,
as well as last-minute
for motorcoach tours.
We would love to meet you
and show you Denver ...
and the best of the West!
Some dates are now open for Private Tours and Step-on Guides. Give us a call!
"As the great-great-granddaughter
I enjoy such a unique perspective.
Every western state is absolutely fascinating …
and I love sharing them with visitors
from all over the world!"
Our view from the top of the world
Ancient memories ...
Pioneer memories ...
New memories ...
Here in Colorado we have four fabulous National Parks.,
and just beyond our borders are 19 more ... waiting for you!
Observing Our Tour Group
Wild West Brainteaser:
Quick! Answer these questions!
There's no prize I know of, but you'll get a nice tip of the cowgirl hat if you're right!
- How did Denver get it's name?
- What did 1893 have to do with anything?
- What’s a Tommyknocker?
- Why is there a row of special, purple seats high up at Coors Field?
- Chocolate on a cheeseburger … Huh?
If you love to research and have the time, we'll love your input! Or, maybe like some of our frequent travelers, you might just like to play ...
"Stump The Tour Guide!"
Great! But you might want us to do all that work on your guided tour and share our knowledge and experience, while you just relax and enjoy yourself.
Just concentrate on getting that next great photograph!
Give us a few hours and we'll give you more than 150 years!
"An enjoyable four days of touring with you - not only lots of excellent information, but a lot of fun and laughs. See you next year!"
Bill and Rose, Kentucky
"As we sat on the side of Buffalo Bill's Lookout, we sure did have a wonderful memory moment.
What a great trip out West! Thanks for a terrific tour and for your special care and concern for all our seniors."
Betty, New York